Dr Rhys Clark
Hip & Knee Surgeon
Dr. Rhys Clark is an orthopaedic surgeon, leading the industry with surgical techniques that are designed to improve patient outcomes. “My surgeries are often robotic assisted and, when it comes to hip and knee replacements, I complete a virtual pre-operation before making any incisions. This additional support and planning mean that we’re two steps ahead before we begin,” says Dr. Rhys Clark.
Rhys’s approach to orthopaedic surgery is focused on you and achieving a freedom of movement.
Rhys’s surgical career is balanced between hip and knee replacements, complex revision surgery, bone and soft tissue surgery, and orthopaedic oncology. While these areas are his focus, Rhys’s journey towards this specialty career didn’t begin as you would expect. Rhys spent endless hours tinkering in his childhood shed, fascinated by intricate mechanics and the physics of everyday objects. This fascination continues into his surgical career, as he brings together an instinctual drive for mechanical discovery and a passion for human movement.
“I always needed to figure out how something worked. It wasn’t enough that it did, I needed to know how. That fascination has never really left me – I just work in a theatre now instead of a backyard shed.”
Dr. Rhys Clark began his journey towards orthopaedics over two decades ago. His qualifications extend from early Bachelor studies through to peer-reviewed papers and coveted fellowships.
- Master of Health Science – University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Medicine – The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) – The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Fellowship – Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Fellowship – Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Master of Medical Radiation Science – University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Medical Imaging) – Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Information Technology – Charles Sturt University
Most recent published articles – Nov 2019, May 2019, Dec 2018.
Clinical Focus Areas
As an orthopaedic surgeon, Rhys is fascinated by the art and science of human movement. This duality is what drives Rhys in each of these speciality areas.
- Total Hip Replacements (including Anterior Approach)
- Robotic Total and Partial Knee Replacements
- ACL Reconstructions, Knee Arthroscopy
- Orthopaedic Oncology Surgery
- Patella Stabilisation and re-alignment surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Revision Arthroplasty
- Trauma services
- Sports Knee; ACL Reconstruction
Dr. Rhys Clark Consults from:
- St John of God Murdoch
- Modern Medical Centre Mandurah
- Onslow road Shenton Park
- Applecross Medical Group,
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
- Perth Children’s Hospital.