Dr Peter Garnett
Dr. Peter Garnett is a specialist anaesthetist who works alongside Dr. Rhys Clark and his team. Working closely with the whole surgical team means that you get the best care during your surgery – care that is optimised to maximise the effectiveness of your surgery and minimising your recovery time.
“I use a range of contemporary anaesthesia techniques – including regional, neuraxial and general anaesthesia – to enhance your recovery after surgery. This allows you to focus on your rehabilitation and achieving your possible best function,” says Dr. Peter Garnett.
Dr. Garnett’s qualifications showcase an educational journey that has made him the specialist anaesthetist he is today.
- Science degree TBC – The University of Western Australia
- Pharmacy degree TBC – The University of Western Australia
- Medical degree TBC – The University of Western Australia
- Internship and residency – Fremantle Hospital
- Anaesthesia Registrar – Western Australian Rotational Training Program
- Fellowship – Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Provisional Fellowship in airway – Royal Perth Hospital
- Provisional Fellowship in obstetric anaesthesia – King Edward Memorial Hospital
Clinical Focus Areas
Dr. Garnett balances his time as a specialist anaesthetist between clinical practice and clinical education.
- Regional and general anaesthesia for all adult surgical specialities
- Anaesthesia for obstetric, orthopaedic, and ENT surgery
- Clinical education role in his public hospital appointment
Dr. Garnett balances his time between Royal Perth Hospital as a consultant anaesthetists, SJOG Murdoch Hospital, and SJOG Subiaco Hospital. He is also accredited at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals.
In the days prior to your surgery you will be contacted by Dr Garnett’s rooms (details below) and asked to complete a survey about your health. Prompt completion of this form will allow planning of the safest anaesthetic for you. You will also be provided with information on how to prepare for your anaesthetic, including fasting instructions and what medications you should withhold.